Support up to 49%++ of refractive surgery fees!
Visit our facebook fan page for instant online support!
The very latest laser eye surgery technique.
Most types of vision correction surgery reshape your cornea, the clear front part of your eye. That lets light travel through it and focus properly on the back of your eye, or retina. Other procedures replace your eye’s natural lens. Types of surgery include:
1. LASIK, or laser in-situ keratomileusis. This procedure works for people who are nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism. The doctor reshapes the tissue underneath your cornea so it can focus light properly. She also makes a flap in the outer layer of the cornea so she can get to the tissue underneath. The flap is what makes LASIK different from other procedures. The doctor may also use a type computer imaging called wavefront technology to create a detailed image of your cornea that she can use as a guide.
2. Femto-Lasik or Z-Lasik or bladeless Lasik. Lasik stands for ‘laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis’ – the method involved in this type of procedure. Femto represents the technology, in this case, the most recent type of laser: the Femtosecond. The Femtosecond laser method involves the cutting of a microscopically thin flap on the surface of the cornea, after which the Excimer laser is used to correct any existing refractive errors. With Femto-Lasik, we can easily and successfully treat eye diopter prescriptions between -12 and +6.
3. SmartSurfACE is an innovative eye laser surgery method that works without touching the eye. This procedure combines the benefits of touch-free TransPRK surface treatment with innovative SmartPulse technology. The result is a clear vision, with none of the side effects possible with other methods. In SmartSurfACE there is no contact with the eye. Vision is precisely corrected through the top layer of the cornea – no blade, no flap, no suction of the eye, and no cutting into the cornea.
4. ReLEx® (Refractive LEnticule Extraction) SMILE (SMall Incision Lenticule Extaction) is the very latest laser eye surgery techniques used to treat short-sightedness, with or without astigmatism. This treatment is available in only a few laser eye surgery clinics worldwide. Patients get all the benefits of LASIK – rapid healing and very little discomfort – but now without having a corneal flap. ReLEx® SMILE uses state-of-the-art femtosecond technology to create a high-precision lenticule (thin circular disc of tissue) that is removed through a small incision in an intact cornea. It replaces the roughly 20 mm side cut of LASIK to a small incision of less than 4 mm.
5. Phakic intraocular lens implants are designed for people who are too nearsighted for LASIK and PRK. The doctor makes a small incision at the edge of your cornea and either attaches the implant lens to your iris or inserts it behind your pupil. Unlike RLE, your natural lens stays in place.