How to know if laser refractive surgery is right for me?
- Minimum of 18 years old
- No ongoing eye diseases that may be worsened by surgery
- General overall health and acceptable levels of eye health
- Prescriptions for glasses or contact lenses should have been in place and stable for a few years prior to this treatment being confirmed as suitable.
- Dry eyes – If a patient suffers from dry eyes, the severity of their condition may impede on the effectiveness of this treatment and so a full assessment will determine the suitability of patients prior to surgery.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding mothers – Mothers must have ceased weaning for at least three months prior to surgery.